Welcome to Amphibious Energy
Amphibious Energy specialises in providing renewable energy to off-grid onshore locations. It has developed a transportable, autonomous energy container – the Hybrid EnergyPod, that is powered by a specialised wind turbine and solar PV panels.
Why the hybrid EnergyPod?
The Hybrid EnergyPod makes it possible to produce electricity locally without reliance on imported/transported fuels. Because of this, off-grid renewable energy systems are now seen as a potential replacement for both traditional diesel-based off-grid systems, and for existing grid-systems.
The construction of the Hybrid EnergyPod is based on that of our offshore EnergyPod, however, with added adjustable solar PV panels. The aim is to provide a care free, transportable, 100% renewable off-grid solution for customers in remote locations.
The Hybrid EnergyPod can be used as a generator for standby, emergency, prime or continuous power supply for mid- to lower power requirements. It can provide continuous and/or peak load, and can be remotely controlled via Satcom.
Move your mouse over the different parts of the Hybrid EnergyPod for a technical description.
For a detailed description of the Hybrid EnergyPod follow the button below.
- Cuts fuel costs
- Cuts maintenance costs
- Reduces the power dump load
- Can be used on multiple sites during its life time
- 6-12 months service intervals
- 10+ year life time
Compact & Transportable
- All parts of the EnergyPod can be safely stored inside the container during transport
- Assembly takes approx. 30 min
- Can immediately produce and deliver energy after installation
Silent wind turbine
- Wind turbine noise reduction (<40dB), due to unique blade design
- Ideal for use where noise pollution is an issue
- 100% clean, renewable energy
- Complies with regulations to protect the environment
- Reduces carbon footprint
Reduces Operating Costs
- Enclosed wind turbine housing for safety
- The EMS can be monitored and controlled remotely by the operator
- In case of system failure, the batteries will continue to deliver power for 12 days
We are happy to announce we have now added a page to our website that includes a live webcam of the Hybrid EnergyPod at the Port of Rotterdam’s Maasvlakte 2.
Our co-director Willem van der Merwe was recently interviewed by Colin Chinery of Inside Oil & Gas for their March 2018 issue.
Amphibious Energy is now a member of Decom North Sea, one of the largest growing networks for anything related to decommissioning in the North Sea