Welcome to Amphibious Energy
Amphibious Energy specialises in providing renewable energy to off-grid onshore locations. It has developed a transportable, autonomous energy container – the Hybrid EnergyPod, that is powered by a specialised wind turbine and solar PV panels.
Why the hybrid EnergyPod?
The Hybrid EnergyPod makes it possible to produce electricity locally without reliance on imported/transported fuels. Because of this, off-grid renewable energy systems are now seen as a potential replacement for both traditional diesel-based off-grid systems, and for existing grid-systems.
The construction of the Hybrid EnergyPod is based on that of our offshore EnergyPod, however, with added adjustable solar PV panels. The aim is to provide a care free, transportable, 100% renewable off-grid solution for customers in remote locations.
The Hybrid EnergyPod can be used as a generator for standby, emergency, prime or continuous power supply for mid- to lower power requirements. It can provide continuous and/or peak load, and can be remotely controlled via Satcom.
Move your mouse over the different parts of the Hybrid EnergyPod for a technical description.
For a detailed description of the Hybrid EnergyPod follow the button below.
- Cuts fuel costs
- Cuts maintenance costs
- Reduces the power dump load
- Can be used on multiple sites during its life time
- 6-12 months service intervals
- 10+ year life time
Compact & Transportable
- All parts of the EnergyPod can be safely stored inside the container during transport
- Assembly takes approx. 30 min
- Can immediately produce and deliver energy after installation
Silent wind turbine
- Wind turbine noise reduction (<40dB), due to unique blade design
- Ideal for use where noise pollution is an issue
- 100% clean, renewable energy
- Complies with regulations to protect the environment
- Reduces carbon footprint
Reduces Operating Costs
- Enclosed wind turbine housing for safety
- The EMS can be monitored and controlled remotely by the operator
- In case of system failure, the batteries will continue to deliver power for 12 days
Amphibious Energy is proud to announce it secured a contract for the delivery of two EnergyPods for the Wood Group in the UK. These 100% renewable power units will support a decommissioned platform in the Central North Sea with its load requirements until complete...
Willem van der Merwe, will be speaking at the Offshore Business Club on the 11th of April
Do you want to learn and understand more about the Off-grid applications of our 100% renewable energy Hybrid EnergyPod?